Shadow Of Death UO Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing our server

2 posters

Go down

Marketing our server Empty Marketing our server

Post  viciouslykillingyou Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:58 am

Alright first of all, we have a quality product to sell so this isn't really that hard. It does take a bit of leg work from us the first players here to make it grow. This means a handful of things, first of all voting as much as possible. Google ultima online free and you are taken to the top 200 site or whatever. I would guess anywhere from 50-90% of new players find a uo server by going to Google and typing that in.

Do you own a twitter, myspace, facebook account? If so you have anywhere from 5 to 5000 friends on it yeah? Wild guess some of them might even have heard of uo.

Pretty simple, our admin made this video a while ago and its pretty kick ass when it comes to explaining the basic stuff newbies don't know + promotes the hell out of our server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HL12-yA14g

So please, drop that URL on your blog and let your billion followers come play with us.

Another idea that adds a few people here and there. If you live in a big city or even a little city anyplace with video game stores, card shops any nerdy type hang out very simple [once our admin makes it] Our admin will send you a jpeg of a poster that you can print out that has the connection info, what we offer etc and then you do some more leg work and go put them up wherever you think someone might check it out.

Not to go off topic but I would suggest starting to spam the DFI boards/DFI players messengers as that server isn't going to make it past new years.

Thanks for the long read and good luck promoting this badass server.
viciouslykillingyou
viciouslykillingyou

https://www.youtube.com/user/viciouslykillingyou?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Marketing our server Empty Yeah!

Post  Noxfiend Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:11 am

I couldn't agree with you more, also the top 200 listing for our server only says 'best ultima online server around!' or something similar, might be worth spicing it up a little, seems no effort was put into that lol Wink.
Noxfiend
Noxfiend
Admin

Back to top Go down

Marketing our server Empty Re: Marketing our server

Post  viciouslykillingyou Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Well lets brain storm what are the key selling points we have to offer?

As far as I can tell we fall into the same mix as hybrid and DFI being not publish 15 and not publish 16 but with features from both. So we can't say we are OSI accurate and or one or the other ERAs we have to say "custom 15/16" which is something I dislike but that is just me.

So we got the ability to log in and start PvPing and or PvMing a.s.a.p.

We have evo pets I've read, people seem to like them, I don't mind them but they need so much balance/tweeking to be worth keeping. Example You kill an evo pet it loses 10k EP this creates a much longer life for the system because you don't just afk and have it maxed forever, you have to work for it and work to keep it.

We have an A+ CTF system
We have active pvpers who faction [yes I know I've been inactive and busy blow me]

Here is a big selling point, We have staff that are not corrupt, not going to play favorites etc. You would be amazed how something so simple can end so badly when you go mad with power, perfect example look what canyon troll has done in 2-3 years of Fucking Nick/LiGhT. DFI now has 10ish players or whatever because of her personal attacks shes allowed to get away with at the staff/players etc. Not to mention all of those stupid fucking pub updates she threw ideas in on.

"Oh my god Andys tamer dexxer build played by Nath just raped me in 2 seconds quick daddy/nick please patch it out" and of course now they have a server so custom its not even funny.

I am sure we have other selling points that I do not know so please post any and all ideas you guys have and lets get this ball in motion and the population picking up!
viciouslykillingyou
viciouslykillingyou

https://www.youtube.com/user/viciouslykillingyou?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Marketing our server Empty Re: Marketing our server

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down