Shadow Of Death UO Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Spell system in SoD

3 posters

Go down

Broken Spell system in SoD Empty Broken Spell system in SoD

Post  Sister Fister Thu May 06, 2010 8:42 pm

So as Angra Mainyu pointed out in another thread which has sunk to the bottom, is that 5x is basically broken on this shard.

http://shadowofdeath.vampire-legend.net/suggestions-f2/phase-2-t9.htm

Examples:

1. Mind blast damage does not do the correct amount of damage it's supposed to, even when offsetting someone's stats to make the spell more effective.

2. Magic Arrow damage is almost completely nullified, it does almost literally 0 damage in most cases

3. Harm seems to be having the same issue, it literally does 0 damage even from point blank range most of the time.

4. Many people have reported that the range of damages in Energy bolt and explosion etc are experiencing some strange damage ranges, it occasionally will do random damage ranges ( I have not tested this one myself but have noticed it seems to be a bit off)

Other bugs - In the original post by Angra, he pointed out that there were some issues with poison resist being too high and the damage delays were slightly off (i linked to the original thread at the top of the page)

These are key spells in 5x and it is very important that these issues are looked into and corrected. We're aiming to be a PvP skill based server, but how can we do that with a broken pvp system?

Other issues with magery-

Summon spells like blade spirits and Energy Vortex seem to do lower damage as compared to major shards like hybrid, dfi, uosa, etc. And are also easily dispelled by any monster with magery

The reason that's a negative thing is that people are kind of forced to make Tamers if they want to PvM, which makes it so that most of the shard is on a freaking tamer most of the time. This not only keeps people from being out in the field pvping, which is supposed to be the point of this shard, but also promotes very low skill pvp (bola - "all kill") with fucking ancient dragons which have 850+ strength and 600+ intelligence. Where is the skill/fun in that?

If pure mages were viable in PvM and summon spells were made more effective, we could see a lot more interesting fights even around boss monsters and would all around help the PvP enviroment of the shard.

- the fister Very Happy

Sister Fister

Back to top Go down

Broken Spell system in SoD Empty I AGREE

Post  Noxfiend Thu May 13, 2010 2:21 pm

couldnt agree more, but seems nobody cares :/
Noxfiend
Noxfiend
Admin

Back to top Go down

Broken Spell system in SoD Empty Re: Broken Spell system in SoD

Post  viciouslykillingyou Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:19 pm

I have to agree with most of that [I'm not to worried it'll be fixed in due time unlike DFI]
I had a friend from 10 years ago on OSI log in massive shit talk on both sides [the friendly fun kind] about who was going to kill who first drop 5x. Well after about 30 minutes of 5x [and every damn dirty trick in the book] we called it a draw.

The type of balance that is needed requires a handful of people logged in when our main script writers/coders/devs are around beating the crap out of each other. Its hardly as simple as guess/check on the spell damage and timers but with a few days of PvP I'm pretty sure we can find a nice balance.

At the same time we all have to understand that most of us come from DFI where they may have better damages [currently at least for 5x]
However when it comes to the spell timers I will trust the staffs views on them, at least we don't have the most notorious speed hacking cheating piece of shit designing our spell system like DFI does with Chrome.

"I will never let Chrome play on DFI again due to his speed hack abuse" -Admin LiGhT That post is over 3 years old and now hes designing the spell system, time to bounce off DFI imho.

Until the changes happen I'm just going to run around on my tank mage with flame strike pre cast, simple as that.
viciouslykillingyou
viciouslykillingyou

https://www.youtube.com/user/viciouslykillingyou?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Broken Spell system in SoD Empty Re: Broken Spell system in SoD

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum